NHS dental treatment in Purley
At ConfiDental Clinic, Purley, we are pleased to be able to provide an NHS dental service. Dentistry is one of the few NHS services where you have to pay a contribution towards the cost of your care. Details of dental treatment charges are detailed below:
NHS treatments charges
(From April 1st 2019)
Band 1: course of treatment – £22.70
This can cover a dental examination, diagnosis including X-rays where necessary, oral health advice, a scale and polish if clinically needed, and preventative dental care such as the application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant if appropriate.
Band 2 course of treatment – £62.10
This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or tooth extractions but not more complex items covered by Band 3.
Band 3 course of treatment – £269.30
This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus laboratory work involving crowns, dentures, bridges and sports guards.
Band 4 course of treatment – £22.70
Emergency dental assessment
You are exempt from NHS dental charges if, when the treatment starts, you are:
- aged under 18
- under 19 and receiving full-time education
- pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months
- staying in an NHS hospital and your treatment is carried out by the hospital dentist
- an NHS hospital dental service outpatient (however, you may have to pay for your dentures or bridges).
You do not have to pay if, during the course of treatment, you or your partner, receive:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit guarantee credit
- Universal Credit
- you are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate or you are entitled to an NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- you are named on a valid HC2 certificate
Please be aware that being repeatedly late for your appointments or failure to attend appointments may result in the early termination of the course of treatment.